Let’s face it – we all neglect the fact that a good vacuum cleaner can make a difference between a terribly boring Saturday evening and a chore done in mere minutes. Now, we’re talking about boutique cleaners in shark ionflex 2x review, the ones that are significantly more efficient and easier to use.
We’re talking about Shark’s IonFlex DuoClean vacuum and discuss everything you should know about this cleaner. How good it actually is, what’s so good about it, what are some potential drawbacks it comes with, and after we’ve comprehended the gist of it, we’re going to move on to more details. Without any further ado, let’s get straight to it.
Shark IonFlex 2x Review: Quick Overview
The Shark IonFlex DuoClean comes packing a huge list of premium-quality features. Some of the most notable ones are:
- Multi Flex technology: This is a relatively new piece of Shark technology which further enhances the stick’s range. The wand is substantially more flexible, allowing you to perform deep cleans even on spots that were otherwise completely unreachable.
- DuoClean feature:This feature is basically the core of IonFlex DuoClean, so it’s obvious that it got named after it. Basically what DuoClean does is allow you to clean the debris of any size without requiring you to switch between modes (unlike earlier models).
- Two Li-Ion batteries: A single Li-Ion battery charge can last up to 30 minutes at best (depending on the power consumption, faster speeds kill the battery faster), and now you’ll get two batteries for up to one hour of cleaning. Of course, using the battery charging port you can completely override the time limit.
- SmartResponse technology: It basically helps the cleaner recognize the type of flooring it’s used on, and then automatically adjust the settings best suited for the given situation.
- LED headlights: Two pairs of LED strips are found at the very base of the cleaner, significantly increasing the overall visibility.
- Versatile toolset (accompanying features): Several gratis features which can be regarded as extensions are included in the bundle, numbering the Duster-Crevice tool, Pet Multi-tool, the anti-allergen brush, and the extension wand.
Top Features of Shark IonFlex DuoClean Vacuum
A vacuum is the best solution for cleaning our home. So the Shark vacuum is an excellent choice for pet hair, dust, and dirt from any floors or carpets. Before buying a cleaner, you should know the features and benefits of these vacuums. So, let’s see the top benefits and features in shark ionflex duoclean.
We’ve already mentioned that DuoClean technology is one of the best things about IonFlex DuoClean vacuum. What this means is that Shark uses a special form of technology when manufacturing their cleaners – they use counter-rotating brushes instead of two plain bristled brushes.
These so called counter-rotations pull up the dirt and virtually grind it down before the cleaner vacuums it up. This further means that you’ll be able to remove both bigger and smaller chunks of debris at the same time without fretting about clogging the dirt bin.
Shark equips virtually all of their cleaners with the ever-famous Li-Ion batteries. These bats have earned much fame for their exceptionally long lifespan and reliability. A single charge will give you approximately 30 minutes, but that’s not all – the batteries are rechargeable, and you’ll get a pair.
While one is in use, you can charge the other up, which means that you’ll actually get a full hour of cleaning with your IonFlex DuoClean cleaner. Take note that the batteries can’t be charged instantly after they were in use.
Some people have complained about IonFlex DuoClean not having a wall mount, but the fact is – you won’t need one. This vacuum cleaner packs the self-standing feature, which means that it can remain perfectly still without you holding it.
The wand of IonFlex DuoClean vacuum folds up, which means that this cleaner is even more compact that Rocket, let alone any other (earlier) Shark model. Storage will be a breeze, and you can even take it with you on your travels if need be.
The MultiFlex technology is the reason why we are labelling IonFlex DuoClean cleaner as superiorly flexible. The wand can actually bend, which means that you’ll be able to clean up spots under your furniture without bending over and putting unnecessary stress on your back.
Of course, the wand can only bend partially – the top part is pretty rigid, and the same can be said about the base.
The LED lights are a pretty common feature as far as we’re talking about Shark vacuums. This DuoClean vacuum comes outfitted with a pair of LED strips which substantially enhance visibility as you clean. You can wave goodbye to the time where you had to hold a flashlight in one hand and cleaner in the other (note that these lights consume the battery when they’re on).
Cleaning Performance Evaluation:
Seeing what Shark Ion DuoClean vacuum has, it’s time to see what it can actually do in action. Here we’ll discuss how performs with bare-floor, carpet, upholstery, and hard-to-reach spots cleaning in this shark ionflex duoclean reviews.
It’s only obvious that IonFlex DuoClean vacuum cleans bare floor surfaces like no other due to the DuoClean technology. Namely, this particular feature allows it to vacuum up virtually everything, regardless of the debris size.
It was specifically designed to pull the dirt and grime towards the chamber, and it’s even fair to say that you won’t find a model within the same price range that performs better in this field.
As for the particular types of floor surfaces it excels in cleaning at, we could name hardwood, linoleum, as well as plain tile surfaces. In the case any crevices require cleaning, there are numerous extensions which will help you get them cleaned up as well.
Although this is not what IonFlex DuoClean was primarily intended for, it doesn’t have any problems cleaning carpets and anything similar for that matter. There’s plenty of suction power to perform deep cleaning as well – something that can’t be said for Shark’s Rocket, for example.
Let’s face it – you won’t be using the DuoClean feature to clean upholstery, which might lead you to a conclusion that IonFlex DuoClean vacuum doesn’t really perform well in this field – however, that assumption would’ve been wrong.
It cleans upholstery with ease if you use the Pet brush extension, and it’s fair to say that regardless of how many hairs or debris is in your way, the IonFlex DuoClean will quickly make short work of them.
Mattresses, sofas, vehicle seats – anything with upholstery where dirt, dust, or pet hair could sneak in, you can rest assured that IonFlex will help you clean it.
Hard-to-reach spots cleaning
Again, IonFlex DuoClean cleaner wasn’t designed to navigate through nooks and crannies as it’s not primarily a hand vac. However, there’s the Crevice-tool you can use to quickly clean them up without putting too much effort into it.
Pros and Cons of Shark’s IonFlex DuoClean:
Here, I will let you know some good and bad things about the Shark Ion DuoClean vacuum. It will help you to decide on buying this vacuum or not.
The best thing about this vacuum is that it’s very versatile. Although it might not be so speaking in terms of a ‘standalone cleaner’, the accompanying features allow it to fit virtually any kind of situation. What’s more, the DuoClean feature takes out the need to switch between modes – it practically cleans the area on its own.
Simply put, there’s plenty of things people love about IonFlex DuoClean cleaner, and some of the most important ones are:
- Plain yet versatile stick cleaner: you can use it as a hand vacuum or a stick, depending on the surface you intend to clean.
- DuoClean technology: this technological piece makes this one of the easiest vacuum cleaner to use ever built.
- Outstanding flexibility: atop the already-high level of flexibility IonFlex DuoClean boasts, there’s the extension wand which will help you reach even further while improving the overall manoeuvrability.
- Virtually limitless energy source and high battery lifespan: with up to an hour of battery lifespan, you can clean the entire house with ease. If that’s not enough, simply plug in the battery charging port, and you won’t have any issues.
- High suction power: the vacuum cleaner is easily one of the most powerful smaller vacs on the market.
Even though there are practically billions of reasons why you’re going to love and enjoy your IonFlex DuoClean vacuum cleaner, there are a couple of potential drawbacks that are worth mentioning, such as:
- The batteries dry up quickly when you use the high-speed settings: what we said about Li-Ion batteries lasting up to 30 minutes doesn’t apply if you use the cleaner on the highest of speeds. Charge up the spare battery in order to avoid this type of problem.
- Long battery cool down period: the batteries need to cool down a bit before you can actually charge them. The charging port will notify you if the bats aren’t ready with a double-light warning, but even if you do happen to put them inside the charger, the process will simply begin when they become cool enough.
- The top of DuoClean cleaner is quite heavy: even though the IonFlex DuoClean vacuum is relatively lightweight, the top part is rather heavy and prone to fatiguing the user after extended periods of time.
What’s in the box?
It would be fair to say that Shark’s IonFlex 2X DuoClean comes in a bundle which aside from the cleaner itself features several other useful gadgets which aim to simplify the whole cleaning process significantly. Now, in the box you’ll find:
- A Duster-crevice tool – ideal for those hard to reach spots.
- Pet multi-tool – cat and dog owners know how hard it is to clean behind their little friends, and this little extension will solve most of the problems related to this matter.
- Pre & post-motor filters – these filters reduce the amount of effort you need to put into maintenance.
- Anti allergen dust brush – this extension is perfect for people who suffer from dust or pet hair allergies, as it will help you clean without triggering your sneezing or coughing.
- A pack of two Li-Ion batteries – a single charge provides 30 minutes of cleaning power.
- Battery charging port – if you attach your Shark IonFlex DuoCore vacuum to it, you won’t have to worry about batteries dying out anytime soon.
Now that we’ve seen both the good and the bad of IonFlex cleaner in this shark ionflex 2x review. So it’s time to pass on the final verdict – is it really worth the money? Is it really one of the best vacuum cleaners available out there? Of course, it is.
You’ll have to search far and wide to find a more efficient, more versatile cleaner, and even once you do, these models would have a really hard time catching up. It does cost quite a bit, that’s a given, but save up – this one is a keeper, it’s sturdy enough to last for a couple of decades (to say the very least), and the technologies it packs won’t get outdated and fall into obscurity anytime soon.